LIMS Administrator Services
As with any enterprise class software, there are many challenges to maintaining the LIMS system running optimal in a business. You may become overwhelmed with the perceived complexity of installing, configuring, and maintaining a LIMS system. That is why we are here. Let us share our knowledge and experience with you through our LIMS Administrator Services. We hope to be a long-term partner helping you focus on your business while we ensure your LIMS system runs optimal.
This document will describe our offer to the continuous efficient operation of your LIMS system.
LIMS providers typically offer free of charge support for the out of the box provided software during business hours, but billable services for anything else which our LIMS Administrator services can cover for:
- Assistance with initial LIMS System Installation
- Assistance with new version LIMS System Installation
- Assistance with system upgrades
- Backup, recovery, and integrity checks
- Assistance creating the disaster recovery procedure for the LIMS System
- Custom configurations - maintenance, issue troubleshooting and support
- Troubleshooting assistance with issues caused by infrastructure like databases, operating system, network, or third-party software products
- LIMS Performance tuning
- Technical Support outside of standard business hours
- Additional configuration and/or customizations depending on complexity
- Printing services and reporting - maintenance, support and troubleshooting
- Interfaces - maintenance, support and troubleshooting
- Users’ management and LIMS client-side computer configuration
- Additional system instances creation, installation and maintenance (training instance, testing instance, developing instance)
- Perform system patching
- Open, track and apply fixes with/from LIMS providers through theirs ticketing system
LIMS is an enterprise class software system and is a data driven application which for optimal performance requires periodic LIMS related database(s) maintenance. Although LIMS Administrator is not a database administrator, LIMS administrators will collaborate and offer professional advice in regards database maintenance plans and database tuning ensuring and maintaining a good LIMS performance.
LIMS Application Servers
Depending on the size of your business, the LIMS system can run on a server instance or on a server farm, in cloud or on premises. The LIMS associated servers – including and not limited to LIMS application (web)servers, LIMS batch servers, LIMS reporting servers, Document Management servers - all require regular maintenance and periodic LIMS specific checks on LIMS specific files, log files, cache files, operating system log files, maintenance, and archiving services for the LIMS specific temporary files (like tests result files).
LIMS Background Processes
Without automation, LAB's day-to-day tasks may become a major hassle. Our LIMS Administrators will ensure the unseen face of the LIMS system – the background always on LIMS processes that are there to process results, external interfaces files, print or send reports – are always up and running. We are using automation on top of LIMS automation to alert and act when LIMS vital background processes experience issues before LIMS users are impacted. Preventive maintenance and automations are the keys in our portfolio.
Items outlined in this document are not an exhaustive list, we are continuously updating it as we learn, just as you will, additional tasks that help keep the LIMS running smoothly and efficiently. We are continuously learning from the industry and from LIMS providers to maintain our LIMS Administrators team members up to date with the latest releases and best practices. Our team of LIMS administrators learn from each other’s experience and share their knowledge which is a, not impossible, but difficult task for an isolated LIMS administrator.
Our LIMS administrators have extensive experience working with LIMS systems like STARLIMS, LabVantage and LIMSABC.